Okashicon Presents our first Virtual Cosplay Runway!
Click Here for Entry Form! Deadline July 12th!
Please email email@example.com
Section I: Rules
- You must follow Okashicon on at least one type of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Entrants 13 and under must have parent/guardian permission to enter. The adult responsible must submit the entry form and provide a contact email.
- By entering this contest you agree to read and abide by all rules as posted and that failure to do so will result in your disqualification from the contest.
- Cosplay Staff reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone to the Cosplay event for any reason.
- Cosplay is a PG-13 event. All costumes must comply with Okashicon’s dress code.
- Entrants must exhibit good sportsmanship. Rude behavior and offensive remarks or insults posted on Okashicon’s social media pages may result in disqualification and removal from the contest.
- Costumes entered must be presented with reference images. Characters from anime, manga, animation, books, movies, tv, etc. are allowed. Original characters will not be permitted; however, art book variations and fanart reinterpretations of existing characters will be allowed with an accompanying reference.
- No costumes that have previously won any major awards will be eligible for entry. If you have won only minor awards in this costume (best prop, runner-up, honorable mention, etc.), you may enter, but please declare these upon entry in the interest of transparency.
- Signups for the Okashicon Virtual Cosplay Runway will begin on June 1, 2020. All entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for entries is 11:59PM CDT, Sunday July 12, 2020.
- In the interest of social distancing, each entry may include no more than two participants. Participants may submit only one entry.
- Entries wishing to be eligible for Craftsmanship awards must provide:
- Up to 2 reference images per character.
- Up to 3 progress/construction photos.
- One (1) full-body photo of yourself or the model in cosplay per character.
- Runway entries must also provide a video (max. 30 seconds) of themselves or their model walking/moving in cosplay so we can see how your costume moves and looks from all angles. These will be reviewed by the judges, as well as streamed online during our cosplay contest. Please make sure there’s nothing in the background (personal info, secret projects, etc.) that you wouldn’t want strangers to see! If possible, please film in a vertical (9:16) format.
- Please do not submit heavily edited photos. We want to see your crafting skills in their natural form.
- Craftsmanship judging:
- All costumes must be made by the entrant(s) or credited to the appropriate creator(s) on the entrant’s entry form. Creators may enter a costume worn by another person as a model, but the creator will receive any awards.
- All entries must be at least 75% handmade or significantly modified from original garments. You will be required to list all parts of the costume that were purchased or commissioned upon entering the contest. Borderline costumes will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. No purchased costumes will be eligible to receive craftsmanship awards.
- Because the judges can not ask questions in person, entrants must be willing to describe their work in response to questions on the entry form.
- If the Cosplay Head or a judge feels that you should be placed in a higher division based on the craftsmanship and presentation of your costume, your entry may be changed to that higher division.
Section II: Divisions and Awards
- This category is intended for those who are relatively new to cosplay and have won fewer than 3 minor awards or 1 major award.
- ii. No Novice division entrant may have won more than 3 minor awards (Best Prop, etc.) or 1 major award (Best in Show, Best in Division, etc.).
- The Advanced category is intended for people with lots of experience in costuming or fashion, or who have won multiple awards for costumes.
- Anyone may choose to enter this division.
- Best in Show: This is given to an entry that has shown an overall exceptional degree of craftsmanship and execution. This award may be given to an entry in either class.
- Best in Division: This is given to an entry who has shown an exceptional degree of craftsmanship and execution for their particular class.
- Judges’ Awards: Each judge may grant an award to a favorite entry at their discretion.
- Best in Show – $50 arda wigs, $100 TNT cosplay supply, $50 kinokuniya
- Best Open – $75 TNT cosplay supply, $20 kinokuniya
- Best Advanced – $75 TNT cosplay supply, $20 kinokuniya
- Judge’s Award – Vraskaa $20 kinokuniya
- Judge’s Award – Koholint $20 kinokuniya
- Judge’s Award – Sledge $20 kinokuniya