Rules and Guidelines
A valid badge must be purchased and must be visible while on the convention floor
o If you have lost or misplaced your badge you will need to contact the registration staff onsite to request a replacement. (Replacement may incur an additional cost)
- Shoes MUST be worn at all times while in the Hotel Lobby & Convention Floor Area
o ONLY exception is in the designated pool function areas provided by hotel
- Alcohol is ONLY permitted the hotel designated areas and is not allowed in convention areas unless provided by hotel services. You must by 21 and have a valid ID to drink
- Sleeping is not allowed in the Hotel Lobby or Convention floor
- Be respectful of hotel and convention staff & volunteers. Mistreatment of either can result in your pass being revoked and removal from premises without a refund from the hotel or event.
- Mistreatment, harassment, stalking, or bullying of Guest, Staff, Volunteers, or other attendees will not be tolerated. Violation of this will result in your pass being revoked and removal from the event without refund.
- Do NOT tamper or relocate hotel property (ie. Couch, Chairs, tables, AV equipment)
- Do NOT tamper or touch AV equipment in the convention space. We have a staff onsite to handle all issues and needs.
- Drugs are not allowed… JUST DON’T! Violation of this will involve the local police department.
All Props, Prop Weapons, and Replica Weapons used as props MUST be carried safely to ensure the safety and comfort of staff, guests, and other attendees.
All Props must be checked and tagged regardless of size or function with Okashi Safety Team.
Bladed Weapons or “Live Steel”
Are prohibited unless secured in a sheathed and peace tide by the Okashicon Safety Team. If found without a peace tie. You will be asked to remove it from the convention floor. Failure to do so could result in your ejection from the event.
Please be mindful if you plan to bring a LARGE prop to Okashicon. If the prop is overly larger than yourself, please make sure you have a guide or handler to assist. If the prop is found to cause issues you might be asked to remove it from the convention floor.
Prop guns like nerf/airsoft must be disabled. They cannot in any way perform the actions they were designed to do. You can remove the trigger system so you do not damage its function. All prop guns must have an orange or yellow tup and be visible at all times.
Replicas prop guns are allowed but will be required to be peace tied to a holster and can not be removed at any point during the event.
Our event is family friendly. As such, we ask that you try and keep all outfits PG.
- Please wear extra undergarments as necessary. (Dance belts etc) when your outfit may cling to your body.
- If your costume requires a lot of exposed skin, consider wearing a nude bodysuit.
- Ice Skates (with or without the guards) are not allowed as either shoes OR props
- No regular skates or roller blades allowed inside the event space.
- Shoes must be worn at all other times. Socks do not count as shoes.
- Costumes that can be confused with local, state, or federal law enforcement of any
kind are not allowed.
- No accessories that you could use to attach yourself, even temporarily, to another
person is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: handcuffs, leashes, ropes, etc.
- There is no profanity allowed on costumes or clothing during the convention.
- If a complaint is received about your costume or outfit the matter will be investigated and you may be asked to change.
- Make sure all pointy objects have been dulled so as not to cause harm to others.
- If wearing a large costume with wings or other large pieces that extend beyond your reach, are difficult to retract, or impair your vision then make sure you have a handler or two to assist you and/or be more aware of your surroundings.
- Make sure you get cool air or ventilation while cosplaying.